Company: SFI Risk Services LLC
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Position: Lead Safety Professional (Team Leader)
Compensation: Sub-contractor, varies
Our growing company is looking for a talented and Customer Service focused Lead Safety Professional (Team Leader/Supervisor) to manage workflow for our clients. You must possess strong communication and leadership skills as well as the ability to resolve workplace issues effectively. The successful candidate will be people-centered, reliable and flexible in order to get the most of his/her team. You should also be a natural leader that’s focused on inspiring employees to own their work and deliver better results for our clients.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct weekly on-site visits for sites assigned to your team
- Complete staff evaluations of team members and submit to Chief Operating Officer
- Coordinate scheduling for members of assigned team with office staff
- Administer necessary assessments of Safety Professionals on assigned team members
- Provide weekly timesheet approval and resolve any discrepancies daily
- Address all disciplinary issues including but not limited to written and/or verbal disciplinary actions
- Ensure compliance with licenses, registrations, and permits
- Communicate all training needs to Training Coordinator
- Fill in last-minute empty shifts (as needed)
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, running.
- Ability to climb, or walk stairs, walk up or down inclines, and or uneven terrain.
- Ability to move or lift at least 50 pounds.
- See details of objects that are more or less than a few feet away.
- React quickly using hands, fingers, and feet.
Education / License/ Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum age of 21
- Valid state identification
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid gun permit in the state of Indiana (if working with Armed Guards)
- Minimum years’ experience 3 years
- Communication: Communicates verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; listens to others and seeks to understand others’ perspectives.
- Customer Service: Responds to internal and external customer needs in a timely and professional manner; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing a high level of customer service.
- Reliability/Dependability: Completes tasks accurately, thoroughly, and on time; arrives on-time to work and meeting; accepts assignments and follows through on promises and all aspects of assigned work.
- Respect and Integrity: Manages financial transactions with integrity and submits reports, receipts, and purchase orders in a timely manner. Delivers honest feedback in a supportive manner; demonstrates fair treatment of others and supports a positive environment.
- Teamwork: Collaborates with and supports coworkers on projects/tasks by helping out where needed; provides adequate lead time for others to meet deadlines; is willing to help out, no matter how big or small the task.
- Work Habits/Planning: Effectively plans, organizes, and prioritizes work; displays a positive attitude and remains consistent in work actions and the ability to support the team/organization.